At BARBRI, we believe that every student deserves the most effective educational experience possible. We believe that by working with the global legal profession more closely, we can effectively bridge the gap between university and employment by creating effective learning and development to enhance the qualifications and employability skills of the legal profession and aspiring lawyers.
As Business Development Director, you will be responsible for B2B business development and for helping to create recurring revenue streams in B2B markets. This will include supporting BARBRI’s brand, marketing and sales strategy in Law Firms, Corporate entities (including ALSPs), Government and the Public Sector. The Business Development Director will be a key member of the New Business and Account Management Team and will establish a very close working relationship with BARBRI’s Sales and Marketing teams and the Senior Leadership Team. In particular, the Business Development Director will work closely with the Head of New Business & Account Management to identify revenue streams and support B2B revenue growth.
You will be a part of a talented New Business & Account Management team and will help maintain BARBRI’s relationships with external agents and partners. You will have a background in business development and experience in sales directly to law firms seeking to provide their trainees with training for their professional qualifications and practice skills is desirable.
Priorities for the business
- Driving Execution – Translates strategic priorities into operational reality; Aligns communication, accountabilities, resource capabilities, internal processes, and ongoing measurement systems to ensure that strategic priorities yield measurable and sustainable results.
- Building Partnerships - Identifies opportunities and takes action to build strategic relationships between one's area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organisations to help achieve business goals.
- Leading Change - Identifies and drives organisational and cultural changes needed to adapt strategically to changing market demands, technology, and internal initiatives; Effects new approaches to improve results by transforming processes, products and services.
- Building Organisational Talent - Establishes systems and processes to attract, develop, engage, and retain talented individuals; creates a work environment where people can realize their full potential, thus allowing the organisation to meet current and future business challenges.
- To support the Head of New Business & Account Management in developing and maintaining BARBRI’s B2B recurring revenue streams to meet organizational, budget and strategic priorities.
- Accountable for acquiring new business, nurturing and growing a book of business (incl. revenue, sales, penetration) and client relationships
- Manages and is accountable for a pipeline of new business and upsell opportunities, demonstrating the ability to meet and exceed financial targets.
- Ensures regular and strategic engagement with clients, pipeline growth and ultimately, over-achievement against sales and revenue targets.
- Collaborates with others across the New Business & Account Management team and more widely across the BARBRI Global business to deliver and execute the strategy.
- Owns the implementation of a practical and effective contact management strategy approach to acquire and retain customers.
- To work with the marketing team to draft, source and write B2B content marketing materials (including blogs, social media postings and thought-leadership articles) to support the marketing activities connected to the growth of B2B revenue.
- To oversee the client services team to create an efficient and effective account management and client services provision to meet the expectations and demands of the legal services sector.
- Develop metrics to determine results for B2B sales and report on an ongoing basis to the Head of New Business & Account Management.
As a member of the BARBRI global team, you will:
- act as a role model and ambassador for the company to enhance BARBRI’s brand awareness and perception;
- carry out a wide range of activities to ensure the success of the BARBRI global business;
- attend and contribute to team meetings; and
- track and report project progress to the Senior Director of Business Development.
Qualifications and experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or other relevant education levels
- Min. 3 years of experience in business development and a proven track record of consistently meeting/exceeding targets and KPIs.
- Understanding of the needs of an undergraduate, postgraduate and professional legal audience.
- Previous use of salesforce or other CRM systems is an advantage.
- Ability to communicate key messages to our customers.
- Ability to communicate at a professional level.
- Ability to line manage and effectively manage outsourced agencies.
- Experience in an organization with a legal team, financial business or law firm is desirable.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Adaptability—adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Problem-solving—identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyses information skillfully.
Ability to read, analyse, and interpret common business and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, faculty, or members of the legal community. Ability to develop and deliver persuasive presentations.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid, evidence-based conclusions and provide recommendations.
Ability to work in cross-functional teams. Ability to work well in groups and across functions. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to present recommendations and plans to senior management and key customer representatives with poise and professional effectiveness.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing, Spreadsheet, and presentation software and be able to effectively use the Internet and Email.
[Experience in managing or operating a [LMS/CRM/Student Information] system is preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee encounters while performing this job's essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, and expansive reading.
Relocation Assistance Provided? No
Working Hours: Varies based on business needs
Travel Requirements: Some business travel may be required
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.