At BARBRI, we believe that every student deserves the most effective education experience possible. We believe that by working with the global legal profession more closely, we can effectively bridge the gap between university and employment by creating effective learning and development to enhance the qualifications and employability skills of the legal profession and aspiring lawyers.
As Business Development Manager (Americas), you will support business growth and development in the Americas legal markets and with universities, law firms, and other organizations. You will help to identify and support the creation of recurring revenue streams in these markets, account manage relationships, develop lead generation, and pipeline funnel while supporting the establishment and growth of BARBRI’s brand, marketing, and sales strategy in this market. The Americas BD Manager will be a key member of the International Business Development team and will establish a very close working relationship with BARBRI’s corporate Sales and Marketing teams.
You will be a part of a talented International Business Development team and will help maintain BARBRI’s relationships with external partners. You will have a background in business development and ideally experience of sales and marketing directly to the Americas market.
As the Americas Business Development Manager, your territory will be North America, Central America, and South America. The United States will be within your territory for only non-U.S. bar products, e.g. Solicitors Qualifying Exam prep. This is to have a deliberate focus on key opportunities as a non-domestic market and to maintain current relationships already established.
- To develop a territory plan in the Americas market with deliberate focus and prioritization on markets with the most opportunity.
- Build brand awareness, educate the market, and develop relationships throughout the prioritized markets in the territory.
- Nurture and maintain activity for a steady pipeline for b2c and b2b sales opportunities.
- To support the Head of International Business Development in developing and maintaining BARBRI’s global Americas revenue streams to meet organizational budget and strategic priorities.
- To contribute to lead and revenue targets by making initial contacts to secure partnerships with organizations, companies, universities, and law firms for pipeline and/or recurring revenue contracts.
- Build and sustain strong relationships with key clients and act as a trusted partner for individuals within these organizations responsible for legal training, learning, and development.
- To assist with the creation of new leads and market opportunities by establishing BARBRI’s strong market reputation and business connections with key stakeholders and decision-makers.
- To assist with presentations and host marketing events externally and internally to promote BARBRI’s global courses throughout the territory.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or other relevant education levels
- Min. 2 years of experience in legal education and a proven track record of consistently meeting/exceeding targets and KPIs. – previous experience in sales and or business development
- Understanding of the needs of an undergraduate, postgraduate, and professional legal audience.
- Ability to communicate key messages to our customers and partners.
- Ability to communicate at a professional level.
- Previous experience with salesforce or other CRM systems is an advantage
At BARBRI Global, we value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental, and vision benefits with competitive pricing. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive work environment that prioritizes the dignity and humanity of every employee. We will strive to ensure every team member feels empowered to be their authentic self, irrespective of identity. We believe these tenets are vital to pursuing one’s full potential in the workplace.