With over 50 years’ experience and 1.3 million students, BARBRI is the #1 provider of bar review course and law student support. BARBRI is a fast-growing company that provides prospective and current law students and lawyers with access to exam prep courses through a variety of rich media environments and platforms.
We have an immediate opening for a Performance Test Engineer. In this role you will:
Work closely with Software Test Engineers, Technical leads, Architects and Cloud Engineers to design and execute Performance test plans across multiple applications against various cloud environments and setups. This role will provide valuable insight into performance issues and will create test result reports in which key stakeholders will be able to see our current state of performance as well as performance improvements overtime. This role will create simulated load with tools such as JMeter, Load Runner and Gatling. They will monitor test results using monitoring tools New Relic and Application Insights; and also make performance improvement suggestions to our apps (.Net), DBs (SQL and Cosmo DB) and cloud environment setups.
- Evaluate application architectures and design/execute performance test plans.
- Establish performance test objectives, acceptance criteria, workload profiles, and use case scenarios.
- Work closely with development teams, architects, and engineers to test the application under load and make recommendations to improve performance, reliability, and stability.
- Solve complex problems and provide clear and concise reports with recommendations.
- Follow performance testing best practices.
- Understand the architecture and suggest how and what components require performance testing.
- Identify and suggest improvements to performance framework and policies/procedures.
- Provide insight into performance bottlenecks leveraging a variety of skills and tool sets on multiple platforms.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Experience performance testing complex large-scale web-based applications.
- Hands-on experience with load testing tools like JMeter, Load Runner, BlazeMeter, Gatling, etc.
- Experience testing REST APIs.
- Experience testing products built with Microsoft .NET technology stack (ASP.NET, C#, SQL Server, Cosmos DB etc.)
- Experience with Application Monitoring tools like New Relic, App Insights
- A quick learner and can learn new tools and technologies fast.
An ideal candidate will also have the following:
- Experience with performance testing on Cloud-based platforms
- Experience working with multiple Test Engineers and Technical Operations team members
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by a competitive compensation package, including but not limited to an extensive benefits package featuring generous paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
Barbri Global is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic.