Do you want to help shape the future as our business expands? Do you love making technology that changes lives? At BARBRI, we believe that advances in the behavioral and learning sciences, coupled with emerging technology, offers a chance to create amazing learning opportunities for the students we serve. Our technology team is a group of top-tier professionals, passionate about building the learning technology of the future.
The Cloud Data Engineer is a full-time position, working closely with other engineers, architects, and software developers to create and maintain Azure resources. This position also serves as an escalation point for application and infrastructure issues, so candidates should have the ability to troubleshoot complex problems in a timely manner.
- Maintain production and development AzureSQL infrastructure
- Maintain production and development CosmosDB infrastructure
- Lead maintenance and implementation efforts around various data technologies, including Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse, and Azure Data Lake
- Maintain appropriate documentation of data architecture, data modeling, source to target mappings, ETL processes, and reporting requirements
- AzureSQL database administration in a production environment
- CosmosDB in a production environment
- Agile framework experience (Scrum, Kanban, etc)
- Azure Data Factory (ADF) in a production environment
- Azure Synapse in a production environment
- Experience with ETL technologies (Spark, Hadoop, etc)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a Cloud Data Engineer or Architect, or similar role
An ideal candidate will also have the following:
- Azure cloud administration
- Data visualization tools (PowerBI preferred)
- Experience designing complex data platforms
- Ability to lead data implementation projects
- Expertise with application system design and implementation, data warehousing principles and methodologies
- Microsoft Certified Azure Database Administrator
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by a competitive compensation package, including but not limited to an extensive benefits package featuring generous paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
Barbri Global is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic.