Do you want to help shape the future as our business expands? Do you love making technology that changes lives? At BARBRI, we believe that advances in the behavioral and learning sciences, coupled with emerging technology, offers a chance to create amazing learning opportunities for the students we serve. Our technology team is a group of top-tier professionals, passionate about building the learning technology of the future.
The Cloud Engineer is a full-time position, working closely with other engineers, architects, and software developers to create and maintain Azure resources. Candidates should have experience delivering applications in a 24x7x365 production Kubernetes environment, as well as a thorough understanding of high availability, scalability, and CI/CD. This position also serves as an escalation point for application and infrastructure issues, so candidates should have the ability to troubleshoot complex problems in a timely manner.
This position is open to remote candidates with a preference to hire in the Dallas area.
- At least 5 years of experience supporting customer-facing containerized applications throughout the entire lifecycle
- At least 3 years of Azure cloud experience
- Experience with Azure DevOps or other CI/CD platforms
- Kubernetes deployment and troubleshooting experience
- Experience supporting large-scale applications
- A clear understanding of databases and ability to write simple SQL queries
- Experience with various load balancing and reverse proxy solutions (NGINX ingress, Azure Application Gateway, Azure FrontDoor preferred)
- Experience with centralized logging platforms (Log Analytics preferred)
- Familiarity with the following:
- Azure (AKS, storage, virtual networks, Azure Functions, Azure SQL, CosmosDB, APIM)
- CI/CD Tools (Jenkins, ARM, Bicep, Terraform, ADO, etc)
- Linux (Debian/Ubuntu, CentOS/RHEL, Alpine)
- Windows Server
- Tomcat configuration/performance tuning
- Monitoring tools (Application Insights preferred)
- Build and deployment automation (Azure DevOps preferred)
- Code Scanning Tools (SonarQube, Mend)
- Development experience is a plus
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies a plus
- Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated
- Able to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by a competitive compensation package, including but not limited to an extensive benefits package featuring generous paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
Barbri Global is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic.