At BARBRI, we believe that every student deserves the most effective educational experience possible. We believe that by working with the global legal profession more closely, we can bridge the gap between university and employment by creating effective learning and development to enhance the qualifications and employability skills of the legal profession and aspiring lawyers.
As a Learning Coach, you will be responsible for working with students one-on-one while they prepare for their SQE or other future exams and training programmes. This will include providing students with tools to enable them to navigate the BARBRI course and be successful on the exam. The Learning Coach will be a key member of the Learning Team and will establish a very close working relationship with the Operations Team.
Priorities for the business
- Driving Execution – Translates strategic priorities into operational reality; Aligns communication, accountabilities, resource capabilities, internal processes, and ongoing measurement systems to ensure that strategic priorities yield measurable and sustainable results.
- Building Partnerships - Identifies opportunities and takes action to build strategic relationships between one's area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organisations to help achieve business goals.
- Leading Change - Identifies and drives organisational and cultural changes needed to adapt strategically to changing market demands, technology, and internal initiatives; Effects new approaches to improve results by transforming processes, products and services.
- Participate in the delivery of SQE1 & SQE2 student mentoring services and provide SQE2 tutor student feedback.
- Participate in the mentoring and delivering of any other BARBRI programmes either to BARBRI B2C customers or for institutions/firms that have contracted with BARBRI to provide courses to their students, online and in person.
- Communicate regularly with students.
- Prepare for and present skills workshops with the Learning Team.
- Participate in regular strategy sessions for students.
- As a qualified solicitor/barrister, provide student and examination support to SQE students for academic and study questions.
- Draft emails for contribution to the email bank.
- Attend Learning Team meetings biweekly, individual weekly meetings with your manager and monthly Team Meetings in London.
- Work in BARBRI’S CRM to update student records.
- Deliver presentation assets for law fairs, events and webinars, including attending or participating according to business needs.
- Develop and review course materials, as required.
As a global team member, you will
- act as a role model and ambassador for the Company to enhance BARBRI’s brand awareness and perception.
- carry out a wide range of activities to ensure the success of the BARBRI global business.
- attend and contribute to team meetings, and
- track and report progress to your line manager.
- Be a qualified solicitor (on the roll) or barrister of England & Wales
- Possess the ability to work independently and virtually with sufficient flexibility to accommodate the schedules of students in different time zones.
- Prior academic or professional support teaching experience or other teachings, tutoring, or coaching experience; and
- Superior written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience working effectively with a diverse population of students and staff.
- Experience collecting, interpreting, and analysing data.
- Ability to handle confidential information, collaborate with colleagues, and exhibit good judgment when interfacing with students and staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and professional working relationships.
- Planning/organising—prioritises and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Adaptability—Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Problem-solving—identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyses information skillfully.
- Familiarity with learning theories.
Ability to read, analyse, and interpret common business and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers. Ability to develop and deliver persuasive presentations.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid, evidence-based conclusions and provide recommendations.
Ability to work in cross-functional teams. Ability to work well in groups and across functions. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to present recommendations and plans to senior management and key customer representatives with poise and professional effectiveness.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing, Spreadsheet, and presentation software and be able to effectively use the Internet and Email.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands/fingers to operate equipment and talk/hear attributes to communicate and exchange information. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must sometimes lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analysing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, and expansive reading.
Relocation Assistance Provided? No
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week (FTE)
Travel Requirements: Some business travel is required
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as assigned by their manager.