BARBRI Legal Ed, a legal education company committed to meeting the needs of law students and attorneys throughout their careers by providing exceptional legal education products, courses, and services to individuals, law schools, law firms, and law- and finance-related businesses. At the core of The BARBRI Group companies is BARBRI Bar Review, which has helped more than 1.3 million lawyers around the world pass a U.S. bar exam. The company also provides specialized ongoing training and certifications in areas such as financial crime prevention, eDiscovery, and cyber awareness, security, and protection. The BARBRI Group, founded in 1967, is a Leeds Equity Partners portfolio company headquartered in Dallas with offices throughout the United States and around the world.
BARBRI Legal Ed is the leading partner for online J.D., post-J.D. and non-J.D. programs. We work closely with law schools and other higher-ed institutions to create e-learning solutions.
The Instructional Designer will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and enhancing new and existing web-based instructional media materials used to support online teaching and learning. This individual will conceptualize and storyboard instructionally sound, interactive, engaging web-based course components and will build these components using e-learning authoring tools for delivery to learners. The individual will work closely with the iLaw Instructional Design team and with faculty at our partner schools.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and develop creative assets (storyboards, wireframes, graphics, motion graphics, videos, etc.)
- Manage Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) knowledge to support their area of expertise into an approachable learning experience
- Manage course development to ensure timely development and delivery of produced content
- Interview SMEs to collect necessary information to design and develop blended education solutions
- Work with SMEs to conceptualize and develop evaluation measures, including knowledge checks, course evaluations, and tests
- Participate in content review, revision, and sign-off cycles
- Work within a project management tool to track time and manage tasks and projects
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Skill & Educational Requirements:
- Minimum 3 years experience in instructional design and content development for online education
- Knowledge of commonly used training concepts, practices, and procedures (ADDIE, SAM, Design Thinking, adult learning principles)
- Strong e-learning authoring tool skills (e.g., Articulate, Adobe Photoshop and Captivate, Audacity, Camtasia, Vyond, etc.)
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Cloud, particularly Photoshop and Premier Pro
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong graphic design skills
- Experience in learning management systems with knowledge of accessibility standards
- Ability to be creative, flexible, and innovative in course design
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced and changing environment with multiple priorities that need to be effectively managed, while maintaining composure and flexibility, adhering to budgets, and meeting deadlines
- Exceptionally strong attention to detail
- Willingness to learn new technology, including content management systems, project management software, and other electronic platforms
- Ability to work as a team and manage a process, to include other professional resources
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Education, Instructional Design, Educational Technology, or related field is preferred
- A law degree or experience in legal education or higher education is a plus
- Experience in video post-production workflow (edit video, color correction, audio sweetening) is a plus
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by a competitive compensation package, including but not limited to an extensive benefits package featuring generous paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
BARBRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.