For over 50 years, we have helped aspiring lawyers pass the bar exam, and do better in Law School. Every student deserves the most effective educational experience possible. With your help, we can make that happen.
The Product Manager is a member of the product team who is responsible for the planning and execution of our Professional Education portfolio. This is a full-time position.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain roadmap to ensure it aligns with overall strategy, market imperatives and growth opportunities
- Responsible for defining overall product messaging and positioning
- Responsible for understanding market and competitive dynamics
- Responsible for the pricing and product profitability for their product portfolio
- Research the latest in the business industry and creating new opportunities to expand business
- Provides vision and general direction of the product
- Create business plans to drive new products
- Point of contact to clients, specifically related to client escalations or sales related activities
- Provide guidance to the Product Owners in the capacity of a senior Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Re-assess and adjust Roadmap at every iteration or as needed
- Accept or reject work results
- Collaborate with sales and design team to ensure requirements are met
- Other duties and projects, as required
Required Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or combination of education and relevant experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in legal and/or legal education
- Proven professional maturity, with the ability to handle confidential information
- In-depth understanding of industry market conditions and trends
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Successful track record of developing products within deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative and innovative thinker
Future Coworker Wish List
We asked our team members what they wanted in a new coworker. We feel this gives a potential candidate a feel for our team and ensures our team has a voice in the process. Here is what they said, word for word:
- Hunger for knowledge and striving to find elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Flexibility, and the ability to adapt to new circumstances and requirements.
- The ability to teach and mentor other team members in areas in which they excel.
- Ideally, they have personal projects they work on that demonstrate that they stay up to date with new techniques and technologies.
- The ability to maintain professionalism in stressful situations.
- Effective and frequent communication with team members and project stakeholders.
- Self-motivation – someone who can get things done.
- Stays positive, and wants to see the whole team succeed.
- Hunger to grow and improve.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental, and vision benefits with competitive pricing. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
BARBRI is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.